Claims Associate Temporary Disability Division
Job Title: Claims Associate Department: Temporary Disability Division Cost Center: 15400 Wage & Hour Status: Non-Exempt, Level 3
This document identifies the major responsibilities of this position. It is written to describe work currently organized and performed by a fully qualified employee (who possesses the knowledge, skills, and experience required by the position). It does not include all aspects of the position such as potential additional duties requested by supervisors/managers or the requirement for flexibility in helping others for the Company’s overall benefit. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Performs administrative functions in accordance with defined service standards. Assists with file maintenance of all TDI files, master files, and certificate master files for all applicable accounts.
1. High school diploma. College degree preferred and one (1) year of professional work experience in office administration preferably in an insurance or financial related institution, or an equivalent combination of education and/or experience.
2. Basic knowledge of general business/office administration practices.
3. Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Must be able to effectively communicate policy information with the public, agents and personnel at all levels of the organization.
4. Well-organized and attentive to detail. Must be able to prioritize work and meet critical deadlines.
5. Ability to read and interpret documents such as insurance policies, contracts, operating and maintenance instructions.
6. Proven ability to calculate and apply basic mathematical formulas. Must be able to calculate TDI benefit payments.
7. Ability to operate a personal computer, 10-key calculator, typewriter, copy machine and FAX machine.
8. Working knowledge of word processing (Microsoft Word, preferred) and basic knowledge of spreadsheet programs (Excel, preferred).
1. Assist in maintaining TDI claim filing system.
2. Verify that PGL is the TDI carrier.
3. Verify other coverages and group/account number.
4. Input all new claims into computer accurately.
5. Print labels and prepare files for Claim Examiners in a timely manner.
6. Assist department with various clerical duties.
7. Process daily tax payments on all benefits paid.
8. Assist with balancing Monthly TDI claim payments.
9. Assist with New TDI business policy packets.
10. Service claims with an added emphasis on extraordinary service to agents and customers.
11. Other tasks and duties, as assigned by supervisor.