Nippon Television Network (NTV) is Japan’s largest, oldest and most watched commercial television network, news crew will be conducting interviews while recording our next AmVets Hawaii Post meeting on May 21st. The interviews will be televised along with President Obama’s Hiroshima Visit.
[Mr. Takuya Katsumura (News Producer at NTV New York News Bureau) ‘In light of the fact that Secretary of State John Kerry visited Hiroshima on April 11th, and now that President Obama will visit Hiroshima on May 27th, we are wondering what are the feelings/sentiments among people in Hawaii are like.
The recent poll by Gallup shows that still more than half of Americans think America’s bombing Hiroshima and Nagasaki was justified. Although
the rate has gone done greatly over the last several decades, it shows that there are still mixed opinions about the bombings. I am sure that
there are several different views on President Obama’s visit to Hiroshima among Americans/Hawaiians.’]
*** Questions in preparation of NTC news story on Hiroshima/PearlHarbor.
1. WHAT ARE YOUR FEELINGS ABOUT THE BOMBING OF HIROSHIMA?
2. DO YOU SUPPORT PRESIDENT OBAMA’S PLAN TO VISIT HIROSHIMA OR DO YOU OPPOSE TO IT?
3. DO YOU THINK PRIME MINISTER OF JAPAN ABE SHOULD VISIT PEARL HARBOR?
Please email your feelings/sentiments to email@example.com NLT, May 20th.
Join us: AmVets Hawaii Post Meeting
Date: Saturday, 21 May 2016
1230 – 1300: Meet-and-Greet (Pupus)
1300 – 1400: Meeting in Session
1400 – 1430: Breakdown/Farewell
Barbers Point Bowling Center’s Meeting Room
91-1259 Saratoga Ave.
Kapolei, Hawaii 96707
1. Nippon Television Network (NTV) Interviews
2. Memorial Day Floral Arrangement and Wreath Laying Presentations
3. Ewa Battlefield Nomination Update
4. World War II 75th Anniversary Commemoration Update
5. ROTC/JROTC Awards Update